1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, April 19, 2010

Finally an update....

Hi all, well finally I can show something achieved. I've managed to decide on my fabrics and have chosen these ones I have been given last year in a swap - Portobello Market from 3 Sisters, it will look great as I am doing my stitcheries in DMC 3863, a lovely latte colour.

And I can now declare that I have finished stitching Blocks G and A ...........

At the moment because of my back problems and being unable to sit and sew, I am just completing as many of the stitchery blocks as I am able. So I am still keeping on top of things, it just means that one month I won't have any stitching but lots of sewing.
I am enjoying doing this with all you other ladies, everyone's enthusiasm is such a buzz and keeps it  all alive for us all.
Thanks Chooky. xx
P.S Sorry about the wrinkling stitcheries, have just washed out the blue pen and they are wet.

8 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Well Miss Deb, you have been a busy wee chook haven't you. Love your fabrics xx
hugs
Miche'le

Seams Sew Together said...

Deb, you are going great, good work!!

Mandy

Grethe said...

Oh ,this will look so great :)) I am really looing forward to see the blocks.
Happy Stitching!

Sofia Amaral M. said...

I have too a back problems!!!Until now I only stitch, but I want to start trying to do my first patchwork :):):)
I hope you be well soon.
Sofia

Anonymous said...

Great Start Deb. You'll have your blocks finished in no time.

Chookyblue...... said...

go for it Deb........if you can't piece just keep stitching and then they will be ready when you can manage it with your back........
nice fabrics you have chosen.....the enthusiasm is wonderful isn't it.......

Margaret said...

I did wonder why the stitcheries were rumpled-- all was revealed and I am sure that when we see them sewn into blocks they will take on another apperance.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Another monochrome scheme - latte, what a great choice to go with such a pretty fabric range.