1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Almost forgot to show you

Greetings from Finland!

Satu's Block A is finished!


Before I fetched my camera, Fenix was already inspecting the block A.
I'm not sure, if he approved it,
but he said something like this: Mniau... mniauminau...

Which one of the border fabrics is better...
...green or red?

I would be happy,
if you could help me with the decision.

See you and lovely weekend!

14 comments:

Kate said...

Love the block and I prefer the green, the red pops out to much for me

HTH

Liz said...

Me too, I prefer the green. Lovely block.
Lizzie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Satu... Glad you took another photo, couldn't see the first one through all that fur.

Grethe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grethe said...

Agree, Lovely block you have there!
Green might be best,but sometimes I find it best to wait until the whole quilt is done:-)

Chookyblue...... said...

nice block and fabrics.....not sure for the border but probably the green.....but I would wait til you have more blocks done.......

Jindi's Cottage said...

Lovely blocks. Both fabrics are so nice...I like the red but then I think that is just because it caught my eye and then I read the words....not really the right way to go about it....like the others I'd wait until I had more blocks together before making decisions...mind you, I don't have anything for borders so I have to wait *LOL*

Love Bears All Things said...

I think that I would use the red because there seems to be a lot of green already.
Lovely cat, by the way.
Mama Bear

Helen said...

Well I think you have great taste Satu .... hahahaha....I'm using the green with the large brown floral borders so naturally I will pick the green for you too. lol

Helen

Noela said...

I like the green but sometimes you need to have all the blocks together then make the decision. The block looks lovely and puss is very cute too.

Cubby House Crafts said...

Just lovely! I agree in waiting a bit longer to decide on border...Great idea to get everyones input! I usuually ask hubby his opinion!lol!
Lisa

Sofia Amaral M. said...

I prefer the green!
I love yours fabrics:)
And I felt in love whit your cat; it's SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
I want to have one some day.......

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

I'm voting for the green one too. Love the look of the block.
Kayly

elliesue said...

I think the red border, it will lift the green instead of blending into it in my humble opinion.