1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, May 9, 2010

still stitching

Hi all I am still here stitching away slowly
I have had a super busy time lately so I am behind on this quilt already oh well I am still moving forward so all is good
I am doubting my ability to chose fabric for this quilt soo here is what I have picked I would love some feedback on what you all think????
I am going to find some more to add later but I like this so far I think.

I am loving all the pics of the blocks so far
keep you the amazing work
hugs Beth

4 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Good on you for moving forward, regardless of the speed it's positive movement. Concerning your colour/fabric choices, mmm, if it was me, before I'd buy anything else I would grade them as one from light to dark and then see where the need is (if any). Once they are graded take a digital photo of them and see if there are any that 'yell' at you and if your not sure of your grading, photocoy samples of each in black and white and that will help you. good luck

Love Bears All Things said...

I usually choose a main print fabric and then choose solids and prints in the colors found in the main one. I can make out your main fabric her but I think you have some great choices there.
Mama Bear

Grethe said...

But soon you`ll be there! Happy Stitching to you:-) I am trying the keep up the plan,but some-
times things just pile up.Still I a few days left of this month.
Some good advice above,will suit me as well.

Chookyblue...... said...

just cut and put it together and see how it looks........pick your fav fabrics and add from there......