1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, September 19, 2011

A Quilting First for Me....


I sandwiched my "Tis the Season" quilt and decided to stitch
 in the ditch around the 12 stitcheries first....
I was then going to hand quilt it like in the patttern.......

But instead I top stitched the inner border.....
I thought that looked good so then there was no stopping me.....
I just kept going round and round until I ran out of border......
I also top stitched the individual block borders.....
This is a shot of the back....
You will not get to see it all as it puckered in a few spots....
Oh well....Who sees the back...*Grin*....
This is where I am up to at the moment.....
Waiting on some binding, a label and hanging rod....

I am feeling quite pleased with myself and am glad
that I gave it a go.....I didn't realise what a big job it would be...
I could go a nice shoulder rub at the moment....
Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks excellent! I think I'll do this with my next one!

Chookyblue...... said...

going great kate.........yes the shoulders do get pretty sore.........but so worth it.........

Show and Tell said...

Thanks Girls....I usually run off to my quilting lady but am glad I gave it a go....

Alberta Gal, Shauna said...

Kate that is great!! I never new what in the ditch was - but by the looks it is 1/4" for the stitch - correct. Anyways I am glad that you did it, I am currently working on finishing the quilting part of mine so that I can get the binding on in 11 days YIKESS!!! I am very worried aobut make this deadline...


ps - i usually run to my quilt lady too

Pip said...

Your quilt looks great, I really love the colours you have chosen and the way you have quilted it.

Pamela said...

Love your color choices! What fabric line is that?

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Looks wonderful...I'm glad you gave it a go too...I bet a few of us have some puckers at the back!!!

Kris said...

I like that quilting!

Cubby House Crafts said...

Beautiful Kate!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love your fabrics Kate and the way you have quilted....

Love Bears All Things said...

That is just beautiful!
Mama Bear