1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, February 19, 2012

February Greetings from Finland - SKoW and GJ news

Let's begin with My Favorite Things!
... and you'll learn again some finnish words ;o)

 
My favorite ice cream is (has been over 40 years) herkkutrio (one product of finnish dairy, Valio). There is three different taste in it... strawberry, vanilla and chocolate. Unfortunately it's no longer taste as good as a kid, but it taste good enough. Especially when the summer day is hot! 
Oh, I already miss the Summer... 
At this moment outside is -7 degrees of Celsius. It's snowing and blowing. So when you have skied or walked in such weather as it's now, nothing is better than a cup of really hot chocolate... in finnish kuuma kaakao. I changed the place of the words, because I didn't want to cover that pretty rose on the mug.
And if you don't want to go outside, nothing is better than take a cup of choko and curl up to read your favorite armchair. Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice is in finnish Ylpeys ja ennakkoluulo AND a good book is hyvä kirja. It's funny, I have only english version of it at my bookshelf, but I have never read it in full. I purchased it when I saw it as a series in TV. 
Oh, Mr Darcy was Colin Firth!

Hopefully you aren't totally bored with my tale, because it'll continue...


I've thought about just sew two stripes instead of three... BUT I'm not yet quite sure about that! Maybe those alterations are too much and it's not Annie's lovely pattern anymore...
Chookyblue, shall I get one mark (D or J) beside my name? ;o) please...

And I would like to have more of these lovely new fabrics of Moda.

 I have only one layer cake of 'Papillon'. Perhaps in March there is hope to get them more...

In the end some news from my Gardener's Journal...

... I started to quilt it by hand, the sashings on the middle block, but it took too much time 
(and I'm little afraid of Chookyblue's whip)
so I'll machine quilt it, except the outer borders. They I'll quilt by hand ;o)
I have a goal to FINISH myGJ in MARCH!!! 
So keep all your fingers crossed that I can make it!

Thanks for your support & Happy Stitching to you all!!!
- Satu -

6 comments:

FloS said...

Your blocks are fabulous !!! So cosy...I can imagine you reading your book with this beautiful cup of chocolate not very far...in a quiet room while there is a snow storm outside !!! I can even imagine the fire cracking !!!
And thank you for the Finnish lesson !
Florence

Susan said...

I love your darker stripes on the outside. we are sweltering here in Queenslad (Australia) - 33 celsius today - so your talk of snow and hot chocolate is my dream for now.

Fiona said...

Your blocks are beautiful... and I enjoy the story as it unfolds...
Hugz

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love the fabrics you have used on your sal blocks and the story to go with them.
I am only doing 2 strips in between my rows also==but I am also using jelly roll strips and they are alittle wider than that is called for--plus I do like smaller quilts and this one is gonna be a biggie!!!
Hugs,Di

Satu said...

Dear Stitchers: Kiitos = Thank you so much for your nice comments!!! They carry me on...

Chookyblue...... said...

well done Satu.........your SKoW is looking great.........i'll update the sidebar.........D J done but if you have the bottom strip prepared you could have F also..........

would love to see your GJ finished.........only 12 months behind schedule............lol........