1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Quilt Top Finish

I'm happy to say that after attending Urban Stitches in Melbourne over the weekend, I came home inspired to finish off my quilt (before I start something else)!!   I put this together on Sunday afternoon but it was too dark to take photos so have waited until this afternoon to have some good light .....  I changed the chair block to "baskets of flowers" ....



I love birdsong in the morning (as long as it's not too early) ....


Here is the last row on the floor ready to attach to the rest of the quilt ....


On my way outside, I threw it on a bed to see if it fit queen size ..... tick ....


And then hung it on the fence to try and get the whole picture in .... so now it's off to the quilter for me!   Thanks for all the inspiration everyone .... keep stitching .... you'll love the end result !!  Thanks again Chooky for all your organisation ... we couldn't do it without you !!   ........ Fiona H.

14 comments:

FloS said...

Bravo !! It is ... wonderful !!
Florence

Candelaria said...

te ha quedado precioso con un gran trabajo.Un abrazo.....Maruja

Fiona said...

wonderful finish fiona ... it is so pretty.... I was surprised just how bit it is once it has the borders on..
Hugz

El Blog de Liana said...

It´s so wonderful, I love it. I´m anxious to see my finished quilt.
Congratulations for your work and also for keeping to work together.
Kisses
Liana

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

It looks beautiful and how organised are you to be sending off to the quilter already. I am still thinking about the quilting! :o)

Anne Heidi said...

Congratulations- it looks amazing!!!

Susan said...

Well Done Fiona!! Love your personal touch of the basket of flowers.

suzitee said...

Well done... it looks so beautiful and BIG!

Maria Harrits said...

Great!!!

Susie said...

looks amazing Fiona. Congratulations. (urban stitches was fun wasn't it?)

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic Fiona :))

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cubby House Crafts said...

Congratulations...it's just beautiful!!!
Lisa

Chookyblue...... said...

so glad Urban Stitches inspired you to get the last bit done.......and now your finished.......