1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, May 15, 2017

Hello from Queensland

Hello from my little dot on the map in country Queensland. An empty nester living on a small cattle property and working part time off-farm. Once upon a time I had a lot more time for my love of many things craft and sewing ... now it's just squeezed in.

Groups like the Stitch-A-Long family keep me moving forward instead of getting stuck in procrastination world.  I have only participated once before with Nature's Journey which is a finished flimsy awaiting quilting. I also made Tis The Season the year after it ran here.

This year I challenged myself to stitch Michelle's Calendar Bears by stitching one each month. April was a bit shakey being finished in May and now  after a relaxing Mother's Day, I can share a finished Mumma Bear and cubs for May.


Here she is with her calendar friends.


Now to get into town to add some fabrics ready for A Holly Cottage Christmas. I am looking forward to stitching along with friends and hope I can "squeeze" enough sewing time into my days. 

6 comments:

Susan said...

Great intro - I am sure we will all have a lot of fun along the way.

Lin said...

Although I am not taking part I am enjoying meeting up with you all and look forward to following your progress. xx

Raewyn said...

Hi Narelle, lovely to see your post, I'm looking forward to seeing what fabrics you choose :-)

Fiona said...

so great to have you sewing along with us....
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Your bears look fabulous! Michelle's designs are always so nice to stitch. Thanks for sharing. I'm still debating on my fabric. I have a small box of Christmas fabric, but is anything in there talking to me? Nooooo.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Lovely bears Narelle! Looking forward to seeing your fabric choice.. I am still deciding too :) xx